letter home

Dearest Julia, 
The troops where extraordinarily rowdy today. I would like to assume that it is just a first day jitters situation and that this does not continue for much longer. I spoke with general McClellan today and we both just want to have the southern states comeback to the union just as quickly as possible. I am sorry that I had to leave on such short notice. The southern states attacked fort Sumter and we could not just let them get away with that. as soon as this is all over i hope that slavery be abolished throughout the land. How are Jesse, Fred, Nellie, and Buck doing. say hello to father for me. i love you all and miss you all very much. 

                                        with love,
                                                 Ulysses 

Comments

Popular Posts